Thursday, January 10, 2013

Gym? What's a Gym?

I guess the joke doesn't sound as funny without Homer Simpson saying it aloud. Oh well.
 
As part of our New Years resolution... which is something I've never actually made... ever... Syd and I decided this year to join a gym.
 
We decided to make a few changes to our eating habits and health and we had both talked about... well actually SHE HAD talked about... joining a gym. Seeing that Planet Fitness down in the White City Plaza was offering $10 down and $10 a month. So, I finally gave in and we joined.
 
We've been going since Sunday and I have to say I've been enjoying it. Mostly, we've just been doing the treadmill and exercise bikes. I'm not really much into weight lifting. But one of the things that sealed the deal for us is the fact that Planet Fitness is supposed to offer a No Critics and No Judgement policy.
 
Which the one thing I couldn't deal with is people looking over and snickering while you're working out. And so far I haven't had to deal with any of that there. I've just been able to quietly work out at my pace.
 
What started out as her pulling me kicking and screaming to sign up has turned into me trying to pull her along to the gym every night. I've been enjoying it but I'm sure Syd is ready to murder me in my bed.
 
We're already starting to feel better and hopefully the results will be a pleasant surprise by the end of the month.
 
Here's hopin'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've belonged to a lot of gyms, Planet Fitness for the past three years, and as far as the "no judgement" they are serious about that. I've seen lugheads tossed out.

Bret M. Herholz said...

The only time you'd probably see me grunting or throwing the weights down is because I'm probably having a heart attack.

That's good!! Kind of helps erases the bad images I have of gym class.

Syd and I have been enjoying it.