Roger Johnson of the Sherlock Holmes Society of London and editor of the Sherlock Holmes Journal who had wrote a great review for my previous Sherlock Holmes graphic novel recently wrote a great review for my recent collection of Sherlock Holmes artwork I've done for the past 13 years:
"In 2010 I welcomed a new graphic novel, Sherlock Holmes: The Painful Predicament of Alice Faulkner, written and illustrated by Bret M Herholz after William Gillette’s play. Mr, Herholz’s latest book is A Study inSherlock: 13 Years of Sherlock Holmes Artwork 2000-2013. It’s interesting to see the development of his distinctive Edward Gorey-esque style through scores of mostly unpublished drawings,including a whole sequence for ‘The Cardboard Box’, illustrations for stories by Lyndsay Faye, Bert Coules and Lee Shackleford, and set designs for Gillette’s Sherlock Holmes and Conan Doyle’s little-known play Diamond. What’s in the book may be only a fraction ofthe Holmesian artwork that he’s done. Personally, I’d love to see the rest of it!"
You can check out the The Sherlock Holmes Journal online and pick up a copy of my book at Amazon.com today!!

No comments:
Post a Comment