Thursday, June 20, 2013

Steampunk Alice: Character Sketches



Several months ago I had done some pen and ink sketches of a Steampunk version of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland for the Antiquinox Masquerade Ball in Worcester. I had also done a decidedly Streampunk version of Alice and the Jabberwocky. I had decided to try and do a few more "costume sketches" based on those initial pen and ink illustrations I had done all those months back.

Above are a few of the sketches I completed this morning in my sketchbook. I had drawn them in pencil first and then inked them in micron pen.

I'm in the process of coloring them in.

But I was trying to improve upon my previous designs. In particular the Queen of Hearts which I wanted to make look more like a cross between the images on the Playing Cards and Sir John Tenniel's original illustration of the Queen's attire.

What's this all about? Well... more to come soon.

No comments: