Illustration above is your first look at Alice by artist Paul Loudon who is working with me on an upcoming graphic novel titled ALICE AND THE INVADERS FROM WONDERLAND. Which will be ALICE IN WONDERLAND with a decidedly Steampunk twist.
Paul has been working from my original character designs of Alice.
But I've given him enough breathing room on the project to add any of his own suggestions to the costume design. Also, I figured Alice would wear a variety of different hats. Bonnets, top hats, bowlers and deerstalkers. Whatever suits her that particular moment.
I've been working on the project a couple of months over various frozen coffee's at LaLaJava's and Black Diamond Coffee. It had been a concept rattling around in my head since I did the Antiquinox Masquerade Ball back in March. I had done a few pen and ink sketches which featured Alice as a Steampunk adventuress.
The trick was taking the characters and settings of ALICE IN WONDERLAND and THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS and giving them a Steampunk makeover.
Basically I approached the project like I was writing an episode of Doctor Who. No secret I'm a huge fan of the show and dream of one day writing an episode.
Needless to say, I've been very pleased with the artwork Paul has done for the project thus far. I'm a huge fan of his work and I knew it would be ideal for this project. I really like his style of comic art.
I will be posting more as the project progresses.


No comments:
Post a Comment