Sunday, August 31, 2014

My suggestion for a new Animated Batman series...

There have been quite a few Batman animated series's since the 1990s as well as several one off animated movies in recent years. Some of which I've enjoyed. Some of which I feel missed the mark. But I feel like its high time DC Comics and Warner Animation did a modern adaptation of Carmine Infantino's "new look" Batman from the mid-1960s.

I'm serious. If it wasn't for both Carmine Infantino's redesign of the Caped Crusader as well as the success of the television series starring Adam West, Batman would have most likely been cancelled and possibly been long since forgotten.

I think it's high time we give both their well-earned respect as either a television series or a one off animation the way they did Year One and the Dark Knight Returns.

I'm well aware some of you might say, "But didn't they already do that with Batman: The Brave and the Bold". Which, quite frankly, was a television series I greatly enjoyed. But the answer to that is NOPE!

Although there are nods to the Adam West series, the character design of Brave and the Bold is closer to the Dick Sprang/Sheldon Moldoff era of Batman. Dick Sprang's influence is apparent in the series's design of the Joker.

I would welcome a series that both took Infantino's design of the Dynamic Duo as well as adapted many of the stories which were written during that time period. It worked really well when they adapted The Laughing Fish for Batman: The Animated Series. They even managed to effortlessly add elements from an earlier Batman story The Joker's Five Way Revenge.

Perhaps if they were to do an animated series or movie of this nature, they could get Adam West and Burt Ward to reprise their respective roles as Batman and Robin.

Come on DC and Warner Brothers! Make this happen!

No comments: