



The story orginally ran in the UNDERCOVERFISH ANTHOLOGY and now appears as part of CONFESSIONS OF A PECULIAR BOY... AND OTHER STORIES. I was never happy with the look of the story and I entirely take the blame for that one.
I was attempting to see how my work would look with a different approach. The result? Not very good. If I had stayed with my usual mad hatchings AND Rori's grayscales, it might have looked a bit better.
Quite frankly, my artwork stunk!!
Bryan wrote a really great story. The characters are great and the plot is terrific. Movie terrific as a matter of fact. My artwork in that story was completely lacking.
Which brings me to my decision of wanting to do the story again. But instead of doing it as a short story, expand it into a 45 page graphic novel. Which it deserves to be. I had chatted with Bryan and he gave me a few ideas to expand upon the premise while still keeping the original nine pages the focus of he story.
Since I do not consider myself a writer, I decided to turn to another old buddy of both Bryan and myself to help me expand upon the script, Ainsley Waller. Who is, in fact, a bona fide script writer.
Ideally, I want to be working on both this project AND the book I am working on with Joshua Michael Stewart simultaniously. I started penciling and inking the pages to Josh's book this week.
I felt I gave myself too much downtime between DIARY OF THE BLACK WIDOW and my latest graphic novel. So, while I wait to get the pages back from Rori, I wanted to immediately get started on the next projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment