Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Doctor Who: Past, Present and Possibilities


Illustrated in Deleter #3 Black Drawing Ink with Crow Quill Pen and Brush on Strathmore 16x20 Smooth Bristol Board.

Combining a couple earlier concepts I did in my Doctor Who illustrations. The idea was inspired by Paul Cornell's Seventh Doctor audio play Shadow of the Scourge in which the Seventh Doctor tells Bernice Summerfield that his past and future incarnations all exist in the shadows of his mind.

This illustration features all eleven actors who have portrayed the Doctors on television. It also features other versions of the Doctor with Peter Cushing (the Dalek films), Mark Gatiss (The Web of Caves 1999), Trevor Martin (The Seven Keys to Doomsday stage play) , Rowan Atkinson (The Curse of Fatal Death 1999) and Richard E. Grant (Scream of the Shalka 2003).

I also thought I would include in this illustration a few people who have played the Doctor in some fan films with Nick Scovell, Rupert Booth, Tony Garner, Nicholas Briggs and Vasilios Alagiannis. Much like the actors I mentioned prior, I illustrated them as either alternate universe Doctors or potential future incarnations of the Doctor waiting to exist. I'll leave that up to you :-)

You can bid on this piece by clicking the link below:

No comments: