Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wodehouse in Wooster... I mean... Worcester...


At the moment I'm trying to get together a little event right in the heart of the metropolis of Worcester MA called Wodehouse Day on October 15th which is PG Wodehouse's Birthday.

The event is inspired by an Evite I had gotten Facebook inviting people around the world to celebrate PG Wodehouse's Birthday in style by hosting parties in 1920's dress much like the stories and the time period that PG Wodehouse wrote in.

It's a great time of the year to plan the event seeing that it's close to Halloween and it's just a great excuse to go out in fancy dress and have a fun night out with friends.

But where to have it?

An artist and Art Museum chum of mine Cynthia Woehrle suggested the 55 Pearl Street Restaurant inside the Historic Bull Mansion.

CAPITAL IDEA!! Most of Wodehouse's stories took place in mansions, manor houses or in Bertie Woosters favorite establishment The Drones Club. So, 55 Pearl seems very fitting for such an event.

Hopefully, they'll like the idea and I'll be able to have it there. But if everything falls through I'm definitely opened to suggestions.

BUT TENTATIVELY AT THIS MOMENT Wodehouse in Worcester will be happening Thursday, October 15, 2009 from 7:00pm - 10:00pm (that's about the time the rates for the parking garages go down)at 55 Pearl in the Historic Bull Mansion located on 55 Pearl Street in Worcester, MA !!

I'll have a little promo up in a couple days but please pass it along to your friends or anyone who might be interested!!

And if you would like to check out their website, click on the piccie below:

No comments: