
Since I've been watching a great deal of classic horror in the past month or so, I thought I would share a list of movies that you might want to check out that are perfect for the season:
1.)The Peter Cushing Frankenstein series. The Curse of Frankenstein, The Revenge of Frankenstein and the Evil of Frankenstein in particular.
2.)The Christopher Lee Dracula series. The Horror of Dracula, Dracula: Prince of Darkness and Taste the Blood of Dracula in particular.
3.)Phantom of the Opera (Hammer version)
4.)Vincent Price's Edgar Allen Poe series. Pit in the Pendulum, Fall of the House of Usher and the Oblong Box just to name a few.
5.)Nosferatu. Personally, I like both versions but I think the silent version is superior.
6.)The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
7.)Frankenstein 1931
8.)Dracula 1931
9.)The Witchfinder General (also titled the Conqueror Worm)
10.)Paranoiac
11.)Dracula (the 1970 Jess Franco film starring Christopher Lee)
12.)The Abominable Dr. Phibes
13.)Night Creatures starring Peter Cushing
14.)House of Wax starring Vincent Price
15.)Dr. Phibes Rises Again
So, go down to Newbury Comics, Borders or Barnes and Noble to check them out. Or if you have a Netflix account, put them on your list.
No comments:
Post a Comment