

After doing an adaptation of William Gillette's play Sherlock Holmes I have been putting a lot of thought into doing an adaptation of one of the stories from the canon.
My choices have come down to both Charles Augustus Milverton and Black Peter. And I think I may end up doing both!!
Originally I ended up wanting to do Sherlock Holmes stories that had not been adapted too much. And even though it's been adapted a couple times, I couldn't resist doing an adaptation of Charles Augustus Milverton.
Although, I've already got a to do list of projects longer than both my arms, I don't mind tacking a couple more on to that to do list.
Although I've already started scripting Charles Augustus Milverton to a comic book script, probably wouldn't get either project started until sometime after I finished both the second Polly and Handgraves tale and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
But it's always nice to have projects planned and scripted in advanced. Just so my mind doesn't rebel against stagnation too too much ;-)
2 comments:
What about adapting some of the rarer Holmes stories? Like the Man with the Watches, or the Adventure of the Tall Man? Or even How Watson Learned the Trick? These rarely get any attention from people adapting the canon.
It's a great idea but it all depends if they're in the public domain or not. I know the ones in The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes series won't be in the public domain in the United States until sometime around 2016. So, if those stories were written around that time, I probably wouldn't be able to do them.
Post a Comment