I have seen this project evolve over the past year or so and it's going to be amazing!! My good friend and fellow Worcester Art Museum Faculty Member Andy Fish is releasing his adaptation of Bram Stoker's classic Dracula. And from the pages I have recently seen from the book, this is going to a MUST HAVE for both fans of Stoker's novel AND fans of comics in general.When he originally started the project the artwork was going to be in very much the same style of art he employed with both The Tragic Tale of Turkey Boy and Fly. But Andy wasn't entirely satisfied with the way the pages were looking. And being a guy who is not afraid to try something outside the usual style he works in completely... and I mean COMPLETELY... redid all the pages in a more realistic and somewhat painted style. Which I think looks incredible and makes his Nosferatu style of Count Dracula look a helluva lot more frightening.
As you can see above.
But unlike the Max Schreck/Klaus Kinski ratlike vampyre, Andy's interpretation of the Count retains that somewhat regal quality to him in the same way Bela Lugosi and Christopher Lee did in the role. Lugosi in particular which Andy is a fan of 30's Universal Monster films. Which is the time-frame this movie takes place in since he has a fondess for that era as opposed to the Gaslight Era.
And the results are brilliant!!
And now's your chance to own a copy ABSOLUTELY FREE!! If you e-mail Andy Fish at andy@hebsandfish.com your name will be entered into a raffle with a chance to win a proof copy of Dracula Book One SIGNED BY ANDY FISH!! One person drawn at random so don't delay and e-mail Andy as soon as possible!!
He mentioned that he'll even sign it Bram Stoker if you like ;-)
2 comments:
Thanks for the kind words buddy!
I'll leave a copy in your mailbox when I get the corrected proofs in.
You're entirely welcome!! Great work should be praised :-)
Post a Comment