Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Holiday Art


I have a couple shows coming up in the month of December. stART at the Station which I have taken part in practically every year as well as another Indie Art Market at Beatniks in Worcester. With December it means the holidays and with the holidays it means people are looking for gifts to give their family or friends.

Which means I'll be spending the month of November creating Holiday Art. But I try to stay away from what holiday art has been stereotyped as over the years.

My idea is this. When I'm doing art for the holiday season I try to stay away from a lot of the Winter scenes or happy little Christmas scenes. Mainly because I don't want this to be art that people take out JUST for the holidays.

I want this to be art people can hang in their living room or in their child's bedroom ALL YEAR ROUND.

So, I tend to go with classic literature when creating my small work for the show. Primarily classic children literature like Winnie the Pooh, Wind and the Willow and the Hobbit.

Many times I find myself reworking several illustrations that were successful at past shows. But I've also introduced many new pieces I've never attempted before.

stART at the Station will be taking place December 5th 2010 at Union Station in Worcester MA from 11am till 5pm and the next Indie Art Market at Beatniks will be happening December 7th 2010 from 6pm till 9pm!! I hope to see you at one, the other or both of the shows!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Bret M. Herholz said...

Thank you :-) Were you able to sneak any of the food you had over in Japan on the plane ;-)