Friday, November 12, 2010

Narragansett Tie Design Contest

I have submitted the image below to this year's Naragansett Father's Day Tie Design Contest. This is my third year giving it the old college try. Last year I got an honorable mention. And like the previous years, I continue to incorporate my own artwork in the design of the tie.

The artwork is very much inspired by Ed Benedict. The animator famous for creating character designs for Fred Flintstone and Yogi Bear for Hanna-Barbera as well as countless other characters.

Cartooning is pretty much like riding a bicycle for me. I never really forget how to do it. And it comes in very handy to be able to flip the switch and be use these techniques in my classes at the Art Museum.

Once again, I wanted to evoke the character design from the vintage Narragansett Beer commercials for my design.

No comments: