Thursday, February 17, 2011

A cure for the common cold: Wasabi!!


Well, it seems once again I've been very rudely visited by the cold season. I could feel it coming on last when I was out at dinner. And I hate getting a cold about as much as I hate the long Winter months. And I hate Winter!!

However, I do prefer to get a cold in the Winter rather than the Summer. A Summer cold is far worse because of the heat and humidity. So, it makes being stuffy all the more unbearable. But back to my story at hand.

When it comes to a cold I go into total shutdown mode. No beer at all until the cold has passed, stock up on Tylenol Cold Syrup during the night and DayQuil Capsules during the day (both most likely are the generic CVS brand, mind you) and I double up on Vitamin C pills and overdose on Orange Juice.

Also, a good buddy of mine Andy Fish mentioned in his own blog that he also takes Wasabi when he's sick. I haven't tried this remedy yet but I LOVE wasabi. Actually, I just had some when Sydney and I went out to a place called Tenka's in Westborough a couple nights ago and it blew my socks off.

It sort of stands to reason that wasabi would help. For anyone who has ever tried wasabi will know it feels like all the contents of your skull just got burned away. So if anything can annihilate a common cold, I'm more than certain it's wasabi!!

So, seeing how I'm already a day into my cold and it's driving me nuts, I may have to suggest to Sydney the possibility of going back to Tenka's on Friday night...

...for medicinal purposes naturally ;-)

No comments: