Thursday, March 10, 2011

Alice Faulkner reviewed on Comic Should Be Good


Greg Burgas wrote a good review for Sherlock Holmes: The Painful Predicament of Alice Faulkner. Even though his remarks weren't entirely glowing about the book, I still found his review to be very fair and very unbiased. As much as he talked about what he didn't like about the book he also spent a great deal of time talking about what he really enjoyed about that.

I understand as a fan of Sherlock Holmes, we all have our idea of how the character should, look, act and feel. I do it all the time. So, I can't hate on Greg for doing something I'm completely guilty of.

Greg Burgas seemed to like (or be intrigued by) my style even though one critic in the comment section seemed to feel:
"The art looks freakish, all right, and not in a good way. The story would have to be great to overcome my aversion to this style."

However, on Greg Burgas's end I found it to be a great review and while I don't agree with everything he says (I can't help it) we can both agree that Benedict Cumberbatch is a great Sherlock Holmes.

Click on the link below to read the article:

No comments: