Over the Winter I taught my very first Thursday night Teen Intensive Animation class at the Worcester Art Museum. I had planned on doing an animation class in the Fall but it ended up not running because of low enrollment.
Even though two out of the four students who enrolled ended up showing in the Winter class, the class still went on. Which I was happy because the two that stuck with it the eight weeks did a great job and turned out a couple of really nice traditional drawn animations.
I thought I would share them on the blog:
Animated by Caleb Sacra
Animated by Marybeth D'Aquila
What they did was draw their animations the old fashioned way and then photograph them with a web cam which they would then upload the images onto flash to animate them.
To be honest, even though a couple of the frames got blurry (the webcam had a tendency to lose focus) I still thought the quality of the animations turned out really nice. The look of the animations really reminded me a lot of animations that I did with the Super 8 cameras we used in the film animation classes I used to take with Mark Lynch. That was probably sometime between 1988 and 1993.
But I really enjoyed myself (as well as the free pizza) doing this animation class and I really look forward to doing another very soon. Hopefully in the Fall!!
No comments:
Post a Comment