Sunday, April 17, 2011

Boston Comic Con Pen and Ink Sketches

I just completed five new pen and ink sketches for Boston Comic Con. A couple of them like the Bat-Girl and Robin and the Wonder Woman are retreads from earlier attempts. I thought I did the Wonder Woman (1920's style) better than my earlier effort. The Penguin is actually one I haven't tried yet.

I always liked the character design they did for the Penguin Batman Returns. However, I never cared for the dirty old man persona they gave him.




4 comments:

un_taco said...

I'll definitely be purchasing the Wonder Woman print!

Jeremy Holstein said...

Will you have copies of your Doctor Who story there for sale? (He said hopefully)

Bret M. Herholz said...

Hmm? I might have to do one more just in case. There were a few interested buyers ;-)

Unfortunately, the Doctor Who story has not gone to print as far as I know. Paul Magrs who wrote and I had hoped it would be out in Vworp Vworp in September. But I never heard anything about it. Which is a shame because it was a lot of fun to draw.

Jeremy Holstein said...

That's a real bummer. I enjoyed the Hornet's Nest audio plays and was looking forward to reading the "prequel" comic (with your art being the bonus.) Hopefully it will come out someday... After all, Tom Baker's back behind the microphone for Big Finish...