GHOST BUSTERS is one of the very few movies I can think of that I could probably not only watch a million times. But its also one of those movies I can watch from beginning to end without getting bored.
Think about it. There are very few movies you can say that about. Even THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (my favorite of the original Star Wars movies) there are scenes where I get fidgety.
Not the case with GHOST BUSTERS.
I was very sorry to hear about the death of Harold Ramis today. Who not only portrayed spores, mold and fungus enthusiast Egon Spengler in the movie. But also co-created the script with fellow Ghostbuster Dan Ackroyd.
Ramis wrote and directed and appeared in many other really great films. But GHOST BUSTERS will always remain my favorite. Really the only film I can think of off the top of my head that I enjoy from beginning to end.
Although, I could probably go without seeing an episode of THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS ever again. But I don't think Harold had anything to do with that series.
RIP Harold Ramis.

No comments:
Post a Comment