I'm a Doctor Who fan. Through and through. I've been a Whovian since I first saw the show on WGBH Channel Two Boston in the 1980s.
With the prospect there might not be any new Who for some time I thought I'd take the advice of my talented friend Paul Magrs and read some of the Doctor Who tie-in fiction I missed out on in the 1990s which were published under the umbrella "the New Adventures".
Several years ago I read the Timewyrm series which started the range. Recently, I decided to finally read the Cat's Cradle story arc. The first two books had been written by Marc Platt and Andrew Cartmel respectively. Platt had written the now classic episode GHOST LIGHT and Cartmel had been the script editor during the Sylvester McCoy era.
For those of you unfamiliar with the series of books written by Virgin or the series written by BBC Books in the late 90s and you're looking for new Doctor Who adventures, I'd definitely recommend picking up some of the books. Both Virgin and BBC Books offered new fiction featuring the current Doctor at that time as well as books featuring past incarnations of the Doctor.

No comments:
Post a Comment