End of July and August ended up being busy for me. I ended up traveling to three shows where at the beginning of the year I was only supposed to travel to two. But the invitation to A Parallel Case of St. Louis's big Sherlock Haunts! conference was too tempting to pass up.
The one thing I regret about the St. Louis trip is not being able to see The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes on the big screen. People who know me (but I won't assume you know me from a hole in the wall) know that is one of my favorite Sherlock Holmes movies of all time and Robert Stephens is on my favorite Sherlock list along with Jeremy Brett, Peter Cushing, Nicol Williamson and John Neville.
I have a whole Private Life of Sherlock Holmes blog prepared, so stay tuned for that.
So I had to put a project on hold while I worked on sketches for that conference as well as the short comic I did with friend Lee Shackleford for LI Who.
The comic in question. 👆
But I've completed my last convention until late September and I've begun work on another Sherlock Holmes adaptation.
This time it's an adaptation of a radio play of the Giant Rat of the Sumatra which starred Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce.
It's funny how many attempts they've made to tell a story which I feel like Conan Doyle had no interest in telling.
But I'm going to try anyway.
I'm hoping to have this ready for next year's 221B Con. And like my previous projects it WILL BE serialized on my Patreon page first. Click on the link below to become a member. 👇


No comments:
Post a Comment