Thursday, August 27, 2026

Plastic City Comic Con

My 2014 Toyota Yaris has probably been my most favorite car I've ever owned since the 1980 Volvo Station Wagon I drove in my early 20s.

Plastic City Comic Con was the last stop on my travels till later in September. And at 39 minutes, it was probably the shortest drive of the conventions I went to.

Keith Gleason is an absolute great guy and runs a really great little convention. Its only a one day show. Which is a trend I've seen happening more and more with conventions.

But I had a great time and I got to see a couple good friends. Dave Gordon who recently published his first situation comedy graphic novel Being Gordy and my college friend Andy Sawyer.

I've known Andy Sawyer since my first year at Mount Wachusett Community College. He's an incredibly talented filmmaker and I've been in three of his films There's Snow Escape,  Don't Feed The Gulls and most recently Take Me To Your Leader.

All were a lot of fun to be a part of and I highly recommend you watch with some Jiffy Pop swimming in butter.

I will definitely be doing Plastic City next year. Last year I missed out because Long Island Doctor Who fell on the same weekend. This year that was thankfully not the case.

Before I left for Sherlock Haunts! in St. Louis at the end of July I had to put a lot of work into my intrepid little Yaris. It needed new brakes, calipers and it turns out a new water pump. Also got a couple brand new tires slapped on it. Jr's Auto Clinic in Marlborough did all the repairs and I CANNOT recommend Jr's shop highly enough.

Being the son of an honest and reliable auto mechanic, they're hard to find at times. But when ya do, you swear by them!!

I've driven this little car from the very top of Maine to Savannah Georgia to Chicago and St. Louis. Needless to say, I've put it (and myself) through it's paces. And I'll be going to Chicago TARDIS as well as 221B Con in Atlanta again. So having her run 110% is a must.

I have a bit of downtime now until my next convention Indie Creator Con in Warwick RI on September 26th. Hope to see you all there.
 






 

No comments: