Saturday, October 3, 2026

Rail City Fanfest: Day One

I ended up leaving Massachusetts around 6PM last night and spending the night in Manchester New Hampshire. I got to spend a little time with my old friend John Shaver.  Couldn't stay out too too late since I was getting up at 5AM. 

I got up arounf 4:30AM, took a shower and  departed from my Airbnb room at 5AM and got to St. Albans VT with plenty of time to set up and get ready before the doors opened. 


First day has been off to a slow start. They had doughnuts for all the vendors available. So I grabbed a doughnut and root beer. 
Yep!! Doughnuts and root beer. I'm living the life of Snoopy. 

Like all shows I've talked at in the past I offered commissions requests. But nobody was biting today. Maybe better luck tomorrow. 


Ended up staying at the Quincy Hotel again 22 minutes away in Enosburg VT. This time the little tavern in the hotel was open for business, so I was able to get a bite to eat. Although, the little restaurant I went to last year was still an option if it wasn't open. 



But thats all for day one. We'll see what day two has in store.



No comments: