Hi All!!
I had started e-mailing some of you through the space of my to put a bug in your ear on the thought of perhaps starting up a Drink and Draw type of event somewhere in Worcester.
To Check out what I mean, check out the Drink and Draw Myspace site:
http://www.myspace.com/drinkanddraw
But since I know a great deal of talented artists around and about Worcester, I thought I would put my neck in the noose and post a bulletin about it.
I had found out from Pete that there were four or five artists in his group that use to hold an event like this and Doug Chapel has held a very similar event at That's Entertainment a couple years back called Danger! Artists at Work. Although, this was a non-alcoholic version of the Drink and Draw, the concept was very similar.
Like I said, I've gotten to know a lot of really talented people through That's Entertainment, ARTSWorcester and all the great art shows and book signings that have been organized in Worcester.
I felt if I could at least get some people interested I could then perhaps start inquiring with a few of the local establishments that sell beer for $1 or $2 a bottle or pint.
And it shouldn't just be opened to artists. But also to people who are interested in art, writing and music performance and composing.
Okay, well I gave my two cents. Pass this along to anyone who likes to draw or likes artists and would be interested in something of this nature.
No comments:
Post a Comment