Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The never-ending battle...

I just finished up finishing touches on the new book last night and I'm preparing to send it off to my publishers this morning. This is kind of the first time I did a book by myself. Usually I've had some very talented and very kind friends help me out with cover coloring and lettering. But I've been feeling under the gun to get the next book out and continue work on the other books. So, I made the decision to do somewhat the same thing Paul McCartney did with his first solo album McCartney and do it myself.

More info about the project will be coming soon. As for now, you'll have to wait and see.

I was very happy to find three books I've been looking for for what seemed to be ages. Understanding Comic by Scott McCloud, Graphic Storytelling and Comics & Sequential Art both by Will Eisner. These were books we were told to get for our classes in college. I couldn't find them for the longest time and I feared I sold them to get a little extra money once classes were finished. But I was very happy to find that they had been stored away.

Which is great because I really wanted to use some of the information from the books in my comic art classes at the Worcester Art Museum.

Speaking of which, I'm going to be doing an Intro to Graphic Novel class for the Museum in October. And this will be a class for ADULTS!! That's right!! I'm finally making the leap and I'm going to be doing some adult art classes for the Museum come October!! Hopefully, this will be the first of many.

But if you've been looking to take a comic class by me and you're over the age of 17 years, now's your opportunity!!

No comments: