Monday, May 26, 2008

What I feel the next Batman film should be...

...well, I have a feeling the next film will have something to do with Two Face. Which means the character will be done like the comic book and Batman: The Animated Series and not like the crummy second rate version of the Joker Joel "I am a complete hack" Schumacher turned Two Face into in Batman Forever.

Which was the lousiest title this side of "Attack of the Clones".

If you haven't seen Batman Begins yet, you really have to go out and see it. I was really surprised with how much I enjoyed Christopher Nolan's approach at creating a Batman film. Even the Frank Miller style Batmobile grew on me. But what I liked most of all was how they used (spoiler alert... sorry) Liam Neeson as Ra's al Ghul. He was always one of my favorite Batman villains just because he seemed very inspired by the James Bond villains of that time.



I'm hoping that they return the character for a future Batman film. And I think it would be really great if they used the graphic novel Batman: Son of the Demon as the basis for one of the films. If you haven't read it yet, it's definitely up there with Dark Knight Returns, Killing Joke and Full Circle as one of my favorite Batman graphic novels.



I'm also hoping that if they return the character of Ra's al Ghul, they also introduce his daughter Talia. And the Lazarus Pit.

If you haven't had the chance to read it just yet and you're either a comic book or Batman fan, go out and get yourself a copy!!

No comments: