Monday, May 12, 2008

Trying out some new supplies

Last week I picked up this Canson "Fanboy Comic Art Board" at Michaels out at the Blackstone Shopping Plaza. I had spied it out of the corner of my eye a couple weeks before when I went out there to pick up some ink.

I didn't pick it up the first time around. I have never had much luck working on the Blue Line Comic Book Pro's Pages in the past. I've always found it to be a terrible surface to ink on.

But I noticed this particular brand of Pro's pages were being put out by Canson. Pretty much I do most of my illustrations and comic art on Canson Smooth Bristol Board. For me, I find it to be THE BEST bristol board on the market.

So, that alone made me want to give these particular comic book pages a try. I was going to be starting work on a Sherlock Holmes project. So, I thought this would be the best time to give it a test drive as it were.

Honestly, I think they're great!! Like all the other Canson bristol Board I've used in my past projects, it's a great surface to ink on. And two pages into the book, the results are great!!

I definitely recommend Canson's version of the Comic Book Pro's pages to any aspiring (or seasoned) comic book artist out there.

Definitely worth the $19.99 I spent!!

No comments: