
Well, I started to come down with a cold so I wasn't able to do the entire 24 Hours of the Comic Book Challenge. I woke up Saturday morning after making sure to put myself to bed around 9:30pm. I don't think I've gone to bed at that time since... since... I can't remember. Nonetheless, it's been a while and I wanted to make sure I got plenty of rest before the challenge.
I didn't. I slept fitfully during the night. I even had a dream I was in a Laurel and Hardy film before I finally woke up in the morning.
But that morning I didn't feel rested at all. I knew something was up and I felt annoyed about it.
I had been looking forward to the challenge for some time now. I had thought about it for a couple years but I didn't have the courage to commit. Well, after much mental debate I finally did. I had signed up, got the supplies ready and I was ready to go.
And then the particularly evil cold that has been visiting several members of the Art Museum staff had finally decided to come along and pay me a visit.
I haven't had a cold since sometime in either late Winter or early Spring. So, I was probably overdue for one.
And being someone who becomes a complete and utter whiney wuss when I get a cold, I decided it would be best to bow out of the 24 Hour Challenge for a good night sleep.
But Andy talked me into doing at least a three hour challenge which consisted of three pages in three hours. So, I did it and I was able to get three pages in the can in less than three hours.
I'm still a little bit disappointed. I had been looking forward to the event and perhaps having a comic book story completed. But at least I was able to get a taste of what it is like. And I like it!!
All the comic art completed during the challenge will be on display at the Art Museum for the next couple of weeks. So, come on out and see what people have accomplished.
But the three hours definitely gave me a taste of the challenge (as well as a slice of buffalo chicken pizza at Blue Jeans) and I am looking forward to giving it another try next year.
Hopefully, I won't be visited by the plague next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment