Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cover art!!



This is going to be the front and back cover for my Sherlock Holmes graphic novel. Both colored by Rori and both of which I based on a couple of Sherlock Holmes illustrations Based on William Gillette. The first one was based on an illustration by Frederic Dorr Steele:

The second one is based on an image created by an artist who went under the name Spry:

It should be mentioned I also based the way Sherlock Holmes is standing in the first image on Robert Stephens in The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes.

But not to get ahead of myself, I've still got miles to go before I'm finished the graphic novel. I'm still both penciling and inking the pages, editing the script as a go along and working on a few new scenes that will hopefully delight all you Sherlockians out there.

But it is nice to have the images for the cover ready.

No comments: