Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wake Up Worcester


Earlier in the month I had done an interview for Charter Channel 3's program Wake Up Worcester with Hank Stolz. Which I haven't gotten the chance to watch it just yet because I have DirecTV. So, I've been waiting till Hank posts it on Youtube.

I suppose it's not a terrible thing I haven't been able to watch it as of yet. I have a habit of cringing when I hear or watch myself being interviewed.

Nevertheless, this was actually my first time being interviewed for television.

Hank Stolz is a great host. I had enjoyed him during the years when he used to be on the WTAG Morning Show. He has a great enthusiasm. He knows how to keep the conversation rolling during the show and makes the person he's interviewing feel at ease and what they are talking about to be the most important thing in the world.

Which I think is essential when you are a host. And you would be surprised how many talk show hosts on television let their personal agenda's get in the way.

But Hank's show is great and I am looking forward to appearing on it again when my Sherlock Holmes graphic novel comes out. I'll be certain to post the last interview here once it's online.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hank's a great guy-- I got to know him when we had our gay makeover for WoMag a few years ago-- when they ripped off queer eye for the straight guy.
Hank used to own a string of comic stores called The Bat's Cave too.

Bret M. Herholz said...

I remember him talking about that before and during the interview.

I can remember from his days at WTAG being a fan of comic books and would usually mention you and the That's Entertainment crowd on his program. But I never realized that he owned his own string of stores.