Saturday, May 1, 2010

Free Comic Book Day

This is about my third or fourth year doing Free Comic Book Day at That's Entertainment. The year before last had been great. Last year was a disaster. Not That's Entertainment's fault, however. The boys and girls down at TE do an excellent job putting the shows together and always make it very comfortable for the artists and writers involved.

Last year I got smacked with the H1N1 earlier that week and I was still pretty wiped-out by Saturday afternoon when I arrived at the show. I was bad enough that day that even Andy Fish said I looked terrible when I went to work at the Art Museum that morning.

Everything seemed to be working against me that day as far as Free Comic Book Day was concerned between the flu and the fact I was working at the Museum till 2:30pm. So, I missed a great deal of the business that day and I just did not have the strength to do free sketches and all the other fun stuff that you look forward to as far as Free Comic Book Day is concerned.

I barely had the strength to sit up straight in my chair.

But this year I'm feeling much improved over last year, I have my various pencils and card stock packed. I have some Alterna Freebie's ready for the show as well. So, I'm set to go.

So, if you happen to be in proximity of Park Avenue in Worcester, MA stop on by That's Entertainment and check the event out from 10am on. TE has lined up some really fantastic artists and writers this year. I'll be rolling in right after I get out of work at noontime.

That's Entertainment is located on 244 Park Ave. Worcester, MA!! And if you get done there, why not swing out to the one in Fitchburg at 56 John Fitch Hwy!!

No comments: