Monday, May 31, 2010

Upcoming Show at the Dark World Gallery in Worcester MA!!


Two things. 1.) I can't believe we're almost out of May and 2.) I can't believe June 5th is almost here!!

I will be having my third solo show STRYCHNINE AND SPAGHETTI STRAND SLIPKNOTS: Artwork from the Arsenic Pen of Bret M. Herholz at Dark World Gallery on 179 Grafton Street in Worcester.

I had two shows prior. One at the much missed Foothills Theater in Worcester during their performance of the Rocky Horror Picture Show back in 2006 and my second one at Mocha Maya's out in Shelburne Falls Ma. A really neat little coffeehouse in a really neat little town in Massachusetts.

The unique thing about Shelburne Falls is that you can enter town at the beginning of the Main Street and leave town once you get to the bridge at the end of the Main Street.

It's set up just like an old west town. I really love it!!

A couple months back Dark World Gallery asked me if I would be interested in doing a show there. Naturally I said yes. And now I can't believe it's almost here!!

Dark World is also a tattoo shop. Which even though I don't have any tattoo's or piercings myself (I'm a complete wuss when it comes to needles), I feel a certain connection to that community since my cousin Jared works as a piercer. Also, I've done quite a bit of design work for people requesting tattoos.

So, I'm all about doing a show at a tattoo shop. Hopefully, it means business for both of us.

I've got about 21 or more pieces going into the show. Some of which are the illustrations I've done over the past six or seven years. And some of it are comic pages from my short stories for Detour and graphic novels.

There will be an open reception on Saturday June 5th from 7pm till 10pm. So, I hope to see you all there. Check out Dark World Gallery's website by clicking on the link below:

No comments: