Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kitschy Crafty Craft Fair & Flea Market

The Good, The Bad & The Crafty is a group out of Western Massachusetts I met a the Stitches, Needles N' Guns Alternative Craft Fair at Printer's Building in Worcester a couple months ago. They were promoting their group and very first show out in Holyoke Kitschy Crafty Craft Fair & Flea Market which is coming up at the end of the month.

Taking part in art shows and conventions is part of the business for us comic artists. If you don't promote your work, people don't buy your work. It's as simple as that. And people like Jim Lee and Bernie Wrightson are constantly doing the convention circuit.

It's a great way to connect with other artists and potential fans.

Well, there's two things I love. Checking out new venues and Western Massachusetts. I try and get out to Amherst and Northampton as much as humanly possible. They are just great places to hang out, get a bite to eat and get a drink at places like the Bishops Lounge, The Tunnel Bar and my brand new favorite place to go Wiggins Tavern located in the Northampton Hotel!!

But more about that some other time...

I'm looking forward to this show. It sounds very similar to the Stitches show seeing that it's being held in an old warehouse. I think that was one of the things I loved about that show was just the funkiness of the part of the Printers Building it was being held in. This show is being held in a warehouse out in Holyoke. So, already I'm excited about the show!!

According to the site, there's still some spaces available. So, if you're an artist or crafter and you would like to take part in the show, shoot them an e-mail at: thegoodthebadthecrafty@gmail.com.

It's a very relaxing drive and like I said Western Massachusetts is such a great place!! Hope to see you there May 29th!!

No comments: