Sunday, June 6, 2010

More Photo's from Strychnine and Spaghetti Strand Slipknots

A few pictures taken by local artist Scott Holloway at last night's opening:





Saying I had a great time last night at the opening of Strychnine and Spaghetti Strand Slipknots would be an understatement. I was thrilled and overwhelmed with the turnout and I thank everyone who came out to check out the show. Both old friends and new. You know who you are and you know how appreciative I am for you all coming out!!

And the crew at Out of the Dark World is top-notch!! They did an amazing job putting this show together. And I was very thrilled and impressed to find out that Narragansett Beer donated the drinks that night. So, everyone who showed up seemed to have a great time drinking both Narragansett and the new Schlitz with the classic 1960's formula I brought for the night's festivities.

Both Narragansett and Schlitz is proving that the Grandpa Beers are making a comeback. You have to understand that I use that term with the greatest affection because they were the beers both my Grandfathers would have drank during the day.

And they are two beers I really enjoy along with Sam Adams.

But I had an amazing time last night. And it was just nice to chat with everyone. Either about a story behind one of my pieces or any advice they wanted to know about publishing. Honestly, I'm not a fountain of knowledge when it comes to that. I'm very blessed to have a brilliant publisher who knows a lot more about it than I do.

But the best advice I could ever give any young artist or writer is just submit your work to as many places as humanly possible.

It doesn't matter if you get rejected. Don't take it to heart. Just learn from it and perhaps ween a few things from any criticism they may give you. And try again. Just take a chance. You'll never know if you try.

But if you missed the show last night, Strychnine and Spaghetti Strand Slipknots: Artwork from the Arsenic Pen of Bret M. Herholz will be running until June 30th. Stop on by Dark World Gallery on 179 Grafton St. Worcester, MA during business hours Tuesday through Saturday 10AM-7PM!!

Copies of Diary of the Black Widow, The Adventures of Polly and Handgraves: A Sinister Aura and Sherlock Holmes: The Painful Predicament of Alice Faulkner are still available for purchase at the gallery. All signed.

No comments: