Monday, August 9, 2010

Gentlemen Detectives and a Lady Sleuth 9x12


A variation on my previous illustration The Mysterious Suspects which featured C. Auguste Dupin, Sherlock Holmes, Miss Jane Marple, Hercule Poirot and A.J. Raffles. This one is based on a suggestion made by one of my Facebook friends. He said I should do a story based in 1900 and have the characters be how old they would be around that time period.

Dupin would be about 90, Holmes about 45, Marple could be about 10 (inspired to a life of solving mysteries by the story), Poirot would be around 25, and Raffles would be about 25/30.

I would love to do a story using these characters in a setting like that. Unfortunately, both Miss Jane Marple and Hercule Poirot are not currently in the public domain. And I would not wish to face the wrath of Alan Moore doing something somewhat similar to League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

He is a big scary man and I don't wish to get on his bad side ;-)

However, this piece is currently up for bidding on E-Bay along with a copy of The Adventures of Polly and Handgraves: A Sinister Aura which I will PERSONALLY SIGN to the winning bidder!!

Just click on the E-Bay link to the left to place your bid today.

No comments: