Friday, February 15, 2013

I'm 37. I'm not old....


I finally got to use that quote from Monty Python and the Holy Grail upon turning 37 yesterday... and I was amazed how many people didn't get it. Even after Syd gave hints. Aw well. I get to use it for an entire year. And that's all that really matters. 

 As far as Birthdays are concerned, this one was probably the best. And last year's was a good one too. Syd and I met up with my cousin Jared and his fiancĂ©e Alicia at Smokestack Urban BBQ on Green Street in Worcester. 

If you haven't been to Smokestack, you are missing out!! I think it's probably one of THE BEST BBQ places in the area. Hands down!! Good food. Good service. Friendly serving staff. We have never dealt with bad service or a snarky waiter or waitress when we've gone there. It was great being able to have a few laughs with Jared and Alicia. It's kind of becoming our yearly thing. 

 Afterward, Syd and I headed over to Beatnik's for Ukulele Thursday and I got serenaded on the uke by good buddy and local busker Rich Leufstedt. Which was a first for me. I have never gotten serenaded on my birthday... 

...okay, not quite true. I did get serenaded by my roommate A-Town Krolikowski in college on the accordion. But that was more him squeezing it tunelessly as he slowly snuck into my room. 

Trust me. It's a lot less creepier than it sounds. 

But that brings me to my Birthday gifts from Syd. This year she got me a replica Doctor Who Fourth Doctor scarf (the smaller "I won't accidentally strangle myself to death walking" version), a Monty Python Ministry of Silly Walks t-shirt.... 

....and a UKULELE!! 

I had talked about perhaps learning the ukulele for some time now and Syd finally gave me a stop threatening and do it ultimatum and bought me one. 

And it's great!! 

Rich told me.... actually guarenteed me... that he could teach me how to play ukulele in one night. So I am going to take him up on that and go to one of his Ukulele nights and learn. 

So now you know why I posted the picture of the late great Peter Sellers above. Other than being a life-long fan. 

Well, on top of keeping up with ongoing projects this year, my other goal is to learn how to play the ukulele. I don't think you will be seeing me playing it in concert anytime soon. However, it would be fun to finally learn :-)

No comments: