Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sherlock Holmes at Nicks Bar and Restaurant

Well!! Time to let the cat out of the bag. I've been chatting with Nicole, the proprietress of Nick's Bar and Restaurant about staging a performance of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's play The Crown Diamond: An Evening With Sherlock Holmes.
 
The play itself is perfect for the stage area at Nick as seen above. It's one act, one set design and only five actors top. Maybe two or three at tops at a time on the stage.
 
Chatting with Nicole about it has been great!! She is also a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes and wants to do it justice with the right casting. One big problem at the present. I need to search for a lead actor to play Holmes. Unfortunately, the chappie I had originally intended for the part, Mr. Susurrus Din (seen holding a monocle in the picture above) is  moving to Philadelphia with his wife tomorrow for a better job.
 
Which I am very happy for them both. But it means I have to say goodbye to some very good friends. As well as goodbye to a very good choice for Sherlock Holmes.
 
So now I must find a new Holmes. I have a few leads but nothing concrete.
 
However, it shall be done. And the play is scheduled to be staged May 10th with a live dress rehearsal on May 9th.
 
More news to come later on. So stay tuned... 


No comments: