Sunday, February 10, 2013

Stormageddon 2013

I'll be honest with you folks. As crazy as the last storm was, it still doesn't match the storm we had a couple years back when it seemed like it snowed every day after Christmas. I'm not saying this particular storm was a dance around the Maypole. But I recalled seeing dirty piles of snow into July after the Winter we had a couple years back.

This kind of reminds me of that ice storm we had back in 2009. It was bad and it pretty much sucked the energy out of everyone just because of the intensity of it. But it was the only one this year and I hope that goes the same for this one. Luckily we didn't lose power this time. We just had to deal with 48 or so hours of cabin fever and watching the Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo.

I think I didn't get out of my pajama's all day. What was the point? Usually, I would have the urge to get into clothes anyway. Just because I can't stand sitting around in PJ's all day. But for some reason I just didn't feel the urge to go through all that effort. Especially considering there was a $500 travel ban for the state of Massachusetts.

So, I just spent the day working on artwork for an upcoming episode of After Hours for Cracked and the second print run I'm planning for Casque of Amontillado.

There were several things I needed to fix up from the first print run as far as the pages were concerned. I'm learning as I go along for the most part. The primary thing is the pages came out too dark so I had to lighten one of the layers of graytones I added. Also I'm fixing the cover as well. This time I'm adding a price to it. Which I forgot to do last time.

Then Syd and I made chili, watched Batman on MeTV and finished the night watching series four of Jonathan Creek on DVD. By then the travel ban had long since lifted but neither of us really felt like going out.

And now here I am writing this blog. The sun is shining. I don't think the birds are quite singing. But I know the groundhog is laughing his furry little backside off over an April Fools Day prank he decided to pull a couple months early.

No comments: