Well, I've been spending that last couple weeks putting up flyers in some of the various establishments around this fair metropolis we know as Worcester. So you might have seen one when you were having breakfast at Paris of the Eighties or lunch at the Theater Cafe.
Or you might have read about it in the latest issue of Worcester Magazine.
But tonight's the night!! Tonight's the opening of THE CROWN DIAMOND: AN EVENING WITH SHERLOCK HOLMES at Nick's Bar and Restaurant.
It's been nearly six months of planning, getting a cast together and rehearsing. With many nights spent between Devon, Ed and Jared's place reading through lines and working through stage direction over good food and good spirits.
I mean both the drinks and the company.
Now the set has been hung, the costumes have all been gathered up and after six months of planning that night has finally arrived.
But for me this has been 13 years in the making. Originally I wanted to do something like this at one of the local theatres like the Foothills. I had even chatted with the fine folks who used to run the Foothills the possibility of staging William Gillette's Sherlock Holmes with my artwork as set design back in either 2001 or 2003. I can't remember. Although, nothing materialized and the Foothill sadly shut its doors, there was a part of me that wanted to do something like that up here. Doing the set design for Gillette's play for the Kentucky Rep just made me want to do that more.
Enter Nick's. What's funny is the fact I found out last night after the dress rehearsal Nicole Watson who runs that fine establishment actually worked as a costume designer for the Foothills. So, in some ways I AM working with the Foothills...
...sort of.
But I am very excited. If you have not been to Nick's Bar and Restaurant, why not make tonight your first visit? It's a great place with a great atmosphere. And for one night only, the famous stage at Nick's will be transformed into that familiar sitting room at 221B Baker Street.
The show starts at 7PM and it's a mere $5.00 per person at the door to see the show. So if you're looking for something to do tonight, why not take a trip down to Nick's on 124 Millbury Street in Worcester Massachusetts and spend An Evening With Sherlock Holmes?

No comments:
Post a Comment