Wednesday, May 22, 2013

stART on the Street: Canal District Spring Edition is June 2nd!!

I can't believe I'm saying this but it's almost June!! And June means stART on the Street: Canal Edition!! Having the event on Green Street in the Canal District started last year after a few years of having the event on Main Street.

Bunny and the Badger will be there!! And so should you!!

Green Street proved to be a huge success and now they are having it in the Canal District for a second year in a row!! And you all should come!!

To be honest with you all, I was really surprised with how much the city has cleaned up the Green Street area. Before stART the last time I had been down Green Street was between 1998 and 2000, and it was not the type of place you'd want to bring your family down for an event.

But that's changed with the way they've really cleaned up the area with some really great restaurants. Including my wife Syd and my favorite place Smokestack Urban BBQ. There's no place better in the Woo.

I might do a blog at some point about some of the places they've either cleaned up or are attempting to clean up. You might be surprised with what you discover. However, that's not the suject of this blog.

Syd and I are doing stART on the Street again this year. The event kicks off at 11AM and ends at 5PM.

Syd will be selling some brand new jewelry she has just finished creating recently and I will hopefully have copies of my new book A Study in Sherlock: 13 Years of Sherlock Holmes Artwork by the time of the show. We will also have copies of our own book Memento Mori as well as my previous graphic novel of The Casque of Amontillado. I'm also going to get a few new prints done before the event.

More information can be found on stART on the Street's website. Hope to see you all there June 2nd bright and early at 11AM!!

No comments: