Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Evening After An Evening With Sherlock Holmes

 
If you weren't able to make it to The Crown Diamond: An Evening With Sherlock Holmes, you missed a really great performance by a really great cast of people I am very pleased to call my friends.
 
But I should mention. By 6:30PM it was standing room only!! I kid you not!!
 
I think a good 60 people showed up. And needless to say, I was absolutely overwhelmed by the turnout. I looked over at Syd at one point before the performance and she just said, "Wow!!"
 
 
 
But despite the really short rehearsal schedule, it turned out to be a really great night!! The cast outdid themselves with their performance. The play itself was ideal for both the Nick's stage and crowd. I don't think anyone could have handled a three act performance that night.
 
I know I couldn't.
 
But this particular play fit Nick's perfectly.
 
We even had members from a Connecticut chapter of the Sherlock Holmes Society come up to see the play. And they enjoyed themselves immensely. Even took me to school on some of the information about the play itself.
 
 
But I want to thank Nicole Watson and everyone at Nick's for allowing us to put on this performance. There was a lot of stress and a lot of pressure that night. And even a few last minute hiccups to work out. But they were great and everything ran smoothly.
 
 
 
I keep saying it. But if you have not been to Nick's Bar and Restaurant on Millbury Street, I highly recommend checking it out. Nicole and company run a top-notch establishment with both the food and drinks they offer.
 
And if you happened to check out the performance last night, thank you very much for stopping by. If I did not get the chance to thank you personally last night, I apologize.
 
What do I have planned next?
 
Oh, just you wait. Just you wait.
Watson, you're drunk!

 


No comments: