Saturday, September 5, 2026

Confessions of a Ukaholic

 


Sometime between 2013 to 2016 I decided to learn ukulele. I've never been musically savvy. I can't sing and I throughout my younger years learning an instrument was something I wanted to do but I had trouble wrapping my brain around. But I loved the videos of Peter Sellers playing the ukulele on talk shows as well as George Harrisons love for the instrument. He used to keep ukulele's in the boot (trunk) of his car because as he put it, "You never know when you might need a ukulele".

So for my 37th Birthday my wife got me my first ukulele (as seen above) and thanks to the tutelage of a talented friend from Worcester, I got a basic understanding of the general mechanics of the instrument. 

I own probably about 12 now.

Do I have delusions of a recording career? Heavens no!! I just like to sit down in quiet moments and strum to myself. Or from time to time play along with friends. It's just fun for me.


No comments: