Monday, September 7, 2026

Will the Black Dandy Returns? Oh, without a doubt!!


The Black Dandy was a collaboration that I really enjoyed working on with Andy Fish. The original story we did was so much fun to work on. It was our love letter to the Shadow, Spider, Green Hornet AND the Phantom Creeps. All those bits of crime noir and movie serials Andy and I loved.


I had always hoped after I finished my own Black Dandy story, Andy would do his own. AND I had hoped he'd completely ignore my plot and did his own as if mine didn't exist. In the same way none of the Green Hornet or Dick Tracy movie serials weren't connected to one another. Sadly, that won't come to pass. But I am grateful for the character we both created and the collaboration we did. 


Will the Black Dandy return one day? All signs point to YES!! I have every intention of penning a follow-up tale. If anything else as a tribute to my good pal Andy Fish. 

In the meantime, THE BLACK DANDY STRIKES! is available in TWO editions. Standard AND one with the existing pages from our collaborations. You can get them on Lulu.com: 

and

Also, even though Andy's no longer with us, please consider contributing to his gofundme to help his family with medical and funeral expenses. Everything helps.










 

No comments: