
As many of you know, and I have well documented, I have been spending the past several months penciling and inking a Sherlock Holmes story. The story itself is looking very much like it's going to top off at 120 pages. Perhaps more.
Now that I'm 10 pages away from reaching page 50, I am beginning to lean heavily towards my idea of breaking the story into Act One and Act Two.
I think the danger you run into with a project like this is the fact if you don't have something pushing you (i.e. a deadline) then you tend to start getting slack on finishing it. So, I am thinking that if I am able to get 50 pages in the can and have those pages published in the first volume (or act), then it will push me all the more to get the second volume (again act) finished.
And I've kept in mind the distinct possibility of this turning into an ACT THREE as well.
After seven years of planning, plotting and scripting, I cannot tell you how pleased I am to see a stack of 39 fully pencilled and inked pages staring back at me. And page 40 sitting on my desk already layed out in blue pencil.
Once again, Rori will be joining me on both cover coloring and gray tones duties. My goal is to make the panels resemble the gray tones Sidney Paget used in the original illustrations.
If you haven't had the chance to check out Sidney Paget's artwork, you really must do a Google search. It is probably some of the best illustration work only second to Gustave Doré.
I'm also in the process of plotting and scripting a second Polly and Handgraves story. Once again the plot is set in Worcester Massachusetts picking up a month or so after A Sinister Aura left off.
September to December looks like it's going to be a very busy month indeed. Between the art shows and teaching my very first graphic novel class for adults, I'm looking forward to everything that is going to be taking place.
But I'm also taking advantage of the downtime I've been given at the moment by trying to put a huge dent in my Sherlock Holmes project. And there may be a follow up to this one in the works. I shall keep you posted on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment