Wednesday, October 8, 2008

24 Hour Comic Book Jam at WAM!!


Well, I'm getting my non-photo blue pencils, erasers, bristol board and pens together because I officially signed up for a night of comic art and sleep deprivation at WAM!!

This is also know as 24 Hour Comics Day.

The event will be taking place at the Worcester Art Museum from Saturday to Sunday, October 18-19, 3-3pm.

24 Hour Comics Day is an annual event where cartoonists around the world attempt to create 24 comic panels in 24 hours. Last year, over 1200 comic artists took part at challenge events in 17 countries, sustaining themselves on art and coffee for a team total of 28,800 hours of comic creation. WAM will also be hosting 3-hour and 8-hour challenges.

For more information on the international event, visit www.24hourcomicsday.com.

I still refuse to drink Red Bull because I hate the ad's. But I am preparing to bring several thermos's of coffee and those whiskey shots of energy drinks to the event!!

If you haven't signed up yet, I recommend you call WAM now and reserve your spot. But be warned. Come prepared to work or Andy will have you secretly killed.

2 comments:

Nat G said...

"sustaining themselves on art and coffee for a team total of 28,800 hours of comic creation"

Well, let's note that not everyone succeeds at getting to 24 pages. The number of pages achieved last year was closer to 20,000.

And if you don't drink Red Bull, that doesn't mean skipping energy drinks altogether. In fact, another energy drink (Bawlz) is acting as a sponsor of the event this year.

Bret M. Herholz said...

There is also 24 Hour Energy I think it's called. Or there's the pills truckers take.