Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another commissioned piece


From another one of my E-Bay customers. The guy sent me a photograph of the person he wanted illustrated and gave me complete artistic license on how I wanted to execute the piece.

Once I saw the photograph, I was immediately inspired to take a trip down to Brookfield Cemetery out in the Brookfields and take a few photographs of some of the older Revolutionary War era graves for some background images.

The result is what you see above.

I gave the piece the unofficial title Memento Morti. I had taken a close up shot of one of the gravestones. One of the things I love about headstones from that era is the creepy artwork up at the top of them. But I noticed that written on the stone when I was looking at the photograph later on and it stuck with me.

Some of you might recognize the crypt from one of my earlier sequential works Ghosts' Story which I collaborated on with my friend Rori who wrote it from one of her own spectral experiences.

That story appeared in the Undercoverfish Group's anthology titled 103 in the Shade.

No comments: