
This session has been pretty good. I've had good students in my Thursday class and both of my Saturday class even though I found by the eighth week I was pretty burned out when it concerned all things Samurai. I was probably luck to be able to squeak out as many projects as I did with that subject matter.
But for the most part this session went really well. Especially my Saturday afternoon Comics on Computer Class. I was really impressed with the quality of work that came out of that class and how adventurous the students were with what the created.
This was actually my first class I taught for the computer at the Art Museum. I had kind of held back from teaching a class over the past couple of years because I wasn't terribly sure if I knew what I was doing as far as doing graphic design sort of stuff. But since I have been able to do quite a bit more work on the Photoshop, I've become a bit more comfortable with the idea of teaching a computer class.
And I'm really looking forward to the Fall Session since I will be teaching a Drawn Animation class. As I have stated in a few past blog posts, it's been a pet project that I've wanted to get off the ground for a few years now. And seeing the success of the Claymation classes on the computer, I think it was time to start a traditional drawn animation class at WAM.
Well, I've got an hour or so to go before class ends. And then it's onto the Summer session. If you've got a talented kid who loves art, log onto www.worcesterart.org and sign them up online or stop by the Art Museum and pick up a brochure there.
No comments:
Post a Comment