
Well, I've made it through my eighth year doing Feb Fun Week at the Worcester Art Museum. This year was probably the best year yet as far as my classes were concerned. There have been a lot of years in the past where I've just had classes that were off the wall and at least one kid bursting into tears because he doesn't know how to draw.
Nothing of the sort this year. It ran smoothly and I live to tell the tale.
Probably my most difficult class was my last one today. I had a few students who were a bit hard to control. Both with the way they acted and with their language. Odd thing was it was my 11 to 13 year olds who were acting like that in my afternoon class. You could hear a pin drop with my 8 to 10 year old class this morning.
But it was the ones who had already had a class prior that had started acting up. It was right after lunch, it was getting late in the day and they were ready to go home. And I don't blame them. 10 in the morning till 2:30 in the afternoon is a long time to be anywhere for a kid.
Nonetheless, I made it through the week completely unscathed and actually for the first time in eight years had a great time doing the Vacation Week Classes :-)
And I'm going to be out like a light the moment I hit the pillow tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment