Friday, February 26, 2010

Thought's on last night's show MEANWHILE...


I probably told Evan three or four times last night what a great job he and the people involved did putting this show together.

I would love to see something like this become a yearly event. It was just so much fun to be a part of such a really great and diverse group of comic book artists from the Worcester area with such a wide variety of styles. And probably some of the nicest artists you'll ever meet to boot!!

I liked how the set up was so loose and easy feeling. And I also loved the fact that they had the old Max Fleischer Superman cartoons playing on a television as you entered. I still think those were some of the best superhero cartoons ever produced at least from an animation standpoint.

If you missed out on the opening, I believe the show will be running for a month at the Davis Art Gallery located in the Old Printers Building on Portland Street in Worcester. It's right down the road from the Worcester Public Library.

So, check it out!!

2 comments:

Mike Briggs said...

It was a great show! lots of real nice pieces. it was good to see your originals and nice to see you.

Bret M. Herholz said...

Nice to see you too Mike :-)