Sunday, June 6, 2010

Barnabas Collins


An illustration of Barnabas Collins. Illustrated in Deleter #4 Black Drawing Ink with Crow Quill Pen and Brush on Strathmore 9x12 Windpower Bristol Board. A request from one of my E-Bay clients.

This is my first illustration based on the series Dark Shadows. And to be honest with you, I'm surprised I haven't done more or have been requested any of until now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done. I loved the show as a kid!

Bret M. Herholz said...

Thank you Andy!! I only saw a bit of it once. But as a fan of a show like Doctor Who I can understand the the appreciation for that kind of a show :-)

Anonymous said...

The used to show it every night at 11pm on Channel 56 when I was in grade school. My pals and I would stay up and watch it on Friday nights, and it would be followed by an episode of Flash Gordon with Buster Crabbe then a monster movie.

The show is really pretty dry, but I've always like ol' Barnie and his Werewolf friend Quentin.

Some of the bloopers, which were left in, are hilariously edwoodian.

Bret M. Herholz said...

The Werewolf is my next commission ;-)