Sunday, August 30, 2026

The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes


 The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes is one of my favorite films. But originally there was supposed to a lot more to it. But were probablt cut for time. And to be honest, the intended deleted scenes actually sounded great. Some of them either only exist as silent film while others only exist as audio and production photos.

Movie studios weren't as precious about keeping deleted scenes as they are now. But I was able to find a script online which did contain the scenes ultimately removed from the final film.

My dream project would be to do a graphic novel of the Private Life of Sherlock Holmes which includes ALL the scenes left on the cutting room floor.

I started towards doing that by adapting one if those scenes into a quick comic book which I brought to 221B Con a couple years ago. 

Cover seen above. 

But I may try to adapt another scenes before 221B Con next year. We shall see...

No comments: